If there is an older adult in your life, perhaps you have been wondering:
- “Should I bring my mother home from assisted living?”
- “Is it safe for dad to still have his caregivers coming into the house?”
- “How will we care for mom and dad if they get sick?”
- “What if I get sick?”
You are not alone with these worries
Depending on your loved one’s general health, you may also be wondering how to monitor chronic conditions when office visits are not possible. Perhaps you have questions about how to safely continue chemo or other treatments for non-COVID serious illness.
And then there are concerns about safety and well-being in daily life
- “What is the safest way to unpack delivered groceries?”
- “How do we stay in touch? Mom is so isolated, she’s getting depressed.”
- “Cabin fever is driving dad crazy!”
You need to have your questions answered
In response to these questions and worries, we have developed a Family Coronavirus Plan program.
It’s designed so you can have your immediate concerns addressed and then work on improving the current situation while we strategize to help you handle the most likely contingencies:
- What if your older loved one gets sick?
- What if one spouse is sick and the other isn’t?
- What if your relative has to go to the hospital?
- What if YOU get sick? (!)
Consultations include 60 minutes on the phone
Up to two stations (phone numbers or locations) can participate in the call.
- We request information ahead of time about the older adult in your life, and your top three questions so we can do some initial research ahead of time.
- During the call, we get as far down the list above as we can in the time allotted.
- A written summary of the call will be provided.
- You also have exclusive access to practical handouts and more than 40 curated resources that cut through the noise and deliver credible, useful information.
- The cost for this package of services is $400.
Does this sound like the support you’ve been looking for?
If you have more questions or wish us to do more in-depth research concerning your loved one’s unique situation, you can schedule additional sessions. Or you can hire our company ongoingly to monitor, guide and advocate for your relative during this distressing time.
As the New York City experts in aging well and family caregiving, we have answers.
Our founder, Nancy Avitabile, holds a masters in Social Work and a post-Masters certificate in Gerontology. All of our care managers are members of the Aging Life Care Association. Over the years, Urban Eldercare has cultivated a strong network of area professionals, including personal contacts with all the local eldercare providers. You don’t have to go through this alone! Let us be your guide.
Give us a call at 917-514-8074 to learn more, or